Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Projects in Progress

So I have had the last few days off of work and have been planning on updating my entry way to be a little more organized. I had the greatest idea to keep all the essentials organized and pretty with a shelving unit from IKEA. I LOVE IKEA and the container store primarily because these stores like to keep things contained and specialize in living in small well organized spaces; organization makes me happy!
Here's the lovely outcome complete with some of my pottery.


Anyone who has ever read the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" might understand that when you get started on one project you might get the urge to get involved with a few more in the process. So while updating the entry way I also decided to rip out the carpet to get to the hardwood floors. I knew going into this that this would not be just a one day project so little by little is the plan. I ripped out the carpet to find semi useable hardwood underneath and although I was hoping it would be in better shape it is not too bad, a little re-finishing and it will be as good as new. So little by little I will be ripping out sections of the carpet in manageable chunks that I will be able to carry so we can finally get rid of the horrible carpet! Minor detail..... I forgot to tell my husband the plan... so his reaction was a LOT better than I had expected when he walked in the front door to find a big chunk of carpet missing and the house a wreck. Tracy and I have been together for over seven years now and he knows that if I talk about a project long enough not to be too surprised to come home and find me in the thick of said project. He basically rolled his eyes did the whole heavy breathing flaring of the nostrils thing, kissed me and actually said nothing about the mess I had made. Nice he's learning! He only asked that today I not continue tearing up the house and that I actually do a little disaster management ....ok ok no more for today but there's always tomorrow.
Pictures of the hardwood in desperate need of re-finishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment